Saturday, August 9, 2014

No One Recognizes My Husband. Don't Let That Be Your Wine's Fate

I'd like to be recognized, but the reality of it is, it doesn't happen very often.  The running joke around here is I'm Stephanie's husband.  Why?  Well because more often than not at most social gatherings I wind up getting introduced, or more aptly stated, re-introduced, and the reference is always, "OH, yea! Your Stephanie's husband!"   Later I'll grumble to my lovely, recognized wife, "Really, I've met that person easily a dozen times over the years.  What is the deal?"

"Your brand has to be focused on delivering an emotional image to your consumer"- See more at: SVB Wine Blog

I'm analytical, some call me anal, I prefer to think of myself as deep.  Regardless I'm prone to pull things apart to try to understand the pieces and how they fit together in an effort to understand the whole.  When it comes to not being recognized my assessment of the situation is that I just don't stand out. If a description of me were broadcast on the local news as a guy the police were looking for you'd never find me. Even if a picture of me were displayed briefly I'd still go unnoticed in public, except for those few in my small social group.  I just don't stand out.
Typical wine display.  How do I stand out in the crowd?
How will your wine be recognized? 
My wife, would quickly point out, "Honey, you are recognized by the people that know you.  You just don't know that many people and you don't get out as much as I do.  That's why people know me and not you."  Yea, says her.  The cute brown eyed, red head with a bubbly personality.

Stephanie is right (There ya go honey, it's in writing for all eternity) and this got me to thinking about brand recognition relative to wineries and wines since we work with a lot of wineries but not all yet.  Specifically how can a wine, as my wife would say, "get out and meet more people"?  Actually, pretty much the same as just about any individual, two main ways...One, get introduced by a friend, Two, put yourself in a different social circle.  TyPark Candles help wines maximize both these opportunities.

First, get introduce by your wine's current loyal customers, advocates, disciples, and cheerleaders.  Those are your wine club members, individuals that frequent your tasting room and winery events. So how do you leverage these current "friends" to provide an introduction.  Obviously, it could be simply the sharing of a glass or gifting a bottle of your wine.  Let's assume this is already being done and perhaps exhausted, and are both brief and fleeting.  You want more, so we suggest getting your label in front of your "friend's" friends with a TyPark recycled wine bottle candle.   Your wine bottle converted into a good looking, awesome smelling candle that can be purchased in your gift shop, or given as a sign up or member gratitude gift for your wine club members provides a way for your wine "friends" to display your label in their homes for all to see or gift to their friends, forever placing your label in their homes for more to see. (Like that old commercial, and they tell two friends and so on and so on).  Simple, easy, friendly introductions.

Wine Bottle Candle by +TyPark Candles
featuring G.D. Vajra Rosso
Second, getting your wine into different social circles.  TyPark Candles accomplishes this for you.  Since we sell candles wholesale to home decor and gift boutiques, and various other retail establishments, having your wine bottle in our rotation provides the opportunity to be displayed and sold in local and distant markets.  Now you are getting the exposure that benefits your wine the next time these individuals, from a new social circle, go buy wine.  They will recognize your wine.  Straight forward this is no different than any number of other companies slapping their logo on anything it will fit on.  The more you see it the greater the chance of being remembered.

Having a whole lot of friends might not be your thing, maybe you only need the few you have, but if you are in business you surely want a whole lot more customers.  Your label is the face that people need to remember when they encounter it in a crowd.  Not your name, not your email address or even your logo.  It is your wine's label.  Let TyPark Candles help you get your label out there so more people can see it.

If you would like to offer Good Looking, Awesome Smelling and Great Selling candles to your customers please call us at 404.538.4907 or email David@TyParkCandles.com.  We offer many scents, seasonal and regular.


No comments:

Post a Comment